Within these pages, readers will learn fascinating facts about the Titanic on a wide range of topics:
- Her sister ships.
- The Harland & Wolff Shipyard where she was built.
- Thomas Andrews, her architect.
- Her maiden voyage.
- Captain Smith.
- The passengers onboard.
- The ship’s construction and dimensions.
- The ice warning signals received by the vessel
- The moment she struck the iceberg.
- The shortage of lifeboats
- The extraordinary accounts of bravery onboard when it was clear she was going to sink.
Painstakingly researched and sprinkled with entries covering Titanic memorabilia, The RMS Titanic Miscellany – now available in paperback – will bring hours of reading pleasure to everyone who is intrigued with the enormity, grandeur, and mystique associated with the Titanic.
About the Author
John D.T. White is Belfast-born and proud of it. His father, John McDermott White, worked in the famous Harland & Wolff Shipyard at Queen’s Island, Belfast all his life. John grew up in East Belfast during the 1960s and 1970s, close to the dry dock where the world’s most famous ship, RMS Titanic, was constructed. Although this is John’s first book on Titanic he has had more than 30 titles published.